How can I enable/disable rent reporting?
With our system, you can report rent payments to the major credit bureaus TransUnion and Equifax at the same time. This can help you to build your credit history and boost your credit score.
This might be helpful:
What is rent reporting?
Rent reporting is available for renters in the US only.
Once you are connected with your landlord and have an active shared lease with monthly recurring rent invoicing, you will be able to enable the rent reporting for your lease.
For that, go to the Dashboard, select the desired lease from the dropdown list and press the Enable button in the Rent Reporting section.
Then provide your first and last name - it should be the same as in one of the following documents: passport, driver’s license, or government-issued ID card; SSN, Date of birth, and payment information. Double-check the provided information and press Enable to confirm.
The Rent Reporting option costs $6.95/month per lease and must be enabled for each lease separately. You will be automatically charged on the 21st of each month to report the rent payment to the credit bureaus.
You can also enable it from the three-dots menu on your lease. Select View Lease details and press Enable in the Rent Reporting section.
There is no option to enable reporting to credit bureaus for all tenants on the lease from one tenant’s account. Each tenant should enable it from their own account.
Directly on the Lease details page, you can update your card information or disable Rent reporting at any time.
The Rent Reporting will be disabled by the system automatically in the following cases:
- the lease status changes from active to past/ended or any other;
- the frequency of the lease changes from “monthly” to any other;
- the recurring payment is disabled;
- the lease is deleted by the landlord;
- the landlord reset/deletes the account;
- the tenant deletes the account.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Only rent payments are reported to Credit Bureaus.
- Both positive (paid) and negative (unpaid) rent payments are reported to Credit Bureaus.
- You can enable rent reporting for future rent payments only. Past leases and invoices would not be taken into account.
- You will receive an email and feed notification 1 day before you are charged.
- If the landlord marked an invoice as paid manually in full we report it as a positive rent payment as well.
- On the combined lease if the recurring rent invoice was paid by one or more tenants in full / was paid partially / wasn’t paid at all, we report it to Credit Bureaus for ALL tenants on the lease who have enabled reporting.
- On the separate lease, the Rent Reporting will be related to only your account.
- For the renewed lease in the status Future, the Rent Reporting will be automatically extended (if previously enabled)once the lease becomes Active.
Please note! This feature will become available on the due date of the first invoice.
Dec. 13, 2022