How do I refund money to my tenant?

If you need to provide a refund to your tenant you can do it straight from your account in case the payment was made in error or the service was not provided. 

To do a refund, go to the Accounting section, find the invoice, and click on it. Every invoice has a "Payment & Activity" section. Here you can see all the payments made (in case of partial payments), applied discounts, refunds, and applied deposits if any were applied.

Find the payment that needs to be returned, click on the three dots menu to view the payment options. Select the "Refund" option to refund the payment. Review the information and confirm your action.

You can not return a partial amount of the payment made, only the full payment amount.

If a payment was recorded manually, then its status changes to Refunded, and a new record about the successful refund will be added:

If a payment was made online, then the amount will be returned to the payer via the same payment method (ACH, credit card). The payment status will be changed to "Refunded" but the record about the refund can be "Pending" until the funds clear.

Please note! Only income payments can be refunded.

In case, you need to return the Deposit or Credits, go to the Accounting section, click on "- Money Out" and then select "Return deposit" from the drop-down menu. 



Last updated:
Jul. 9, 2024