What happens to my coverage if I move?

In most cases, coverages may be transferred to your new rental property. Simply submit an address change request in the “Manage My Policy” section of www.myassurantpolicy.com.  Please notify us within 30 days from the day you begin to move in order to change the location on your policy. If you move to a new state, a new policy with the rates and forms applicable to that state will be issued.

If you purchased a home, please submit your cancellation request via email to rentersmail@assurant.com. Be sure to include your name, current and future addresses, policy number, policy type, the last day you plan to live in your current residence, and the move-in date to your new address.


Last updated:

Mar. 28, 2022